This property originally had a 1930’s relocated house from the Northern Waikato region. It was fully re-designed and re-built, utilizing only the foundations, though these were greatly added to. The new building represents the best of yesteryear homesteads, with today’s technology, and now a two-storey home of 5 bedrooms, this will be enjoyed and loved for the next 100 years.
The super structure was built from 140×45 H3.2 framing, entirely clad with H3.2 plywood (9mm for all external walls, and 12mm for the roofs), wrapped beneath and above cavity battens, and then clad in traditional timber weatherboard from environmentally sourced and produced materials.
The Colonial style was enhanced by the cladding additions (boxed corners and joinery), as well as the joinery actually being purpose made vertical sliding timber sash windows, with single glazing bars. These also have double glazed units installed.
Posted in: Projects